Wednesday, July 27, 2011

No Bake Cookies (doo-doo cookies)

Simply stated, I love cookies. I love making them and I love eating them. When I was a kid my mom made me cookies for my birthday. She would put them in a Toll House tin, and wrap them up just for me. I never shared.
One of my all time favorite cookies is quite possibly the easiest cookie to make. There are all kinds of ways to play with this one, but I am going to take the recipe straight out of Aunt Bee's recipe box.

No Bake Cookies are just that. They are not baked. The most cooking you will do is boiling and mixing. 
Ingredients: 
1/2 cup butter (don't use fake butter, never as good)
4 tablespoons cocoa
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup peanut butter (I prefer crunchy)
3 cups quick oats
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt.
In a saucepan combine butter, cocoa, sugar, and milk. Bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add the remaining ingredients. Drop the mixture from a spoon onto waxed paper. (the wax paper is important) Set aside and let cool. They will harden a bit as they cool down. Don't try and cool these in the refrigerator. They just get all greasy. 
Makes about 3 dozen.
Enjoy,
Spillmanville Eats likes the sugars..

No comments:

Post a Comment